FUNCTION: Responsible for ensuring a well-rounded recreation program of social activities to meet the needs of the residents in the community.
POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:The following specifications may differ depending upon the number of available employees among whom the performance of a particular job function can be distributed and the size and type of community.
- Employees will be required to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisor.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, incumbent will possess the mental abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Freedom from illegal use of drugs.
- Freedom from use and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
- Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of or other regulatory agency abusing, neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in the position.
- Must pass State and Five Star criminal background screen.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and communicate appropriate activities that promote participation and enthusiasm among the residents.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks/responsibilities and complete duties/projects within the time allotted. Use effective time management skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Relevant experience working in a group setting with elders is required.
- High School Diploma, associate or bachelor’s degree in human service preferred.