If you need ongoing care to restore or maintain your health, you may be eligible to receive periodic home visits from health care professionals through the Mercy Home Health program. The caregivers at Mercy Home Health – W. Walnut Suite 1800 work with your physician to deliver medical services – once only available in a hospital setting – in the comfort of your own home.
Through Mercy Home Health, you may receive the following types of care:
- Skilled nursing care with a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse
- Home health aide for assistance with bathing and other personal care needs
- Medical social worker for counseling and information about financial assistance and community resources
- IV therapy for at-home intravenous drug administration
- Maternal and child care for new mothers and their babies
- Physical therapy to help restore muscle and joint function
- Occupational therapy to strengthen skills needed for daily independent living
- Speech therapy to help restore communication skills and swallowing
- Wound care for professional treatment of slow-healing wounds
In addition, Mercy Home Health – W. Walnut Suite 1800 gives you access to a 24-hour, nurse-on-call phone service anytime you have health concerns requiring timely attention.